Monster cookies – so named because they are giant-sized – are one of my favourite cookies to bake! I found them under the “kids” section of my Betty Crocker Cookie Book, but I have yet to find an adult who doesn’t love these once they’ve tasted them.
The recipe is simple, almost like a standard chocolate chip cookie. But when you add a bunch of M&M candies and scoop out 1/4 cupfuls of dough, you get a proper MONSTER cookie!
I don’t like a lot of chocolate in my cookies, so I always halve the amount of candies. That way, I get a delicious amount of cookie dough with M&M’s in most (but not every) bite. If you wanted to add more, you certainly can. I would not recommend any other add-ins (peanut butter, nuts, oatmeal, or other types of chocolate) for this recipe, although you will find many other “monster cookie” recipes with those kinds of things.
M&M Monster Cookies (Betty Crocker)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups M&M candies
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugars, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl until combined.
- In the same bowl, stir in flour, salt, baking soda.
- Stir in candies.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Flatten dough slightly. (Cookies will not spread much)
- Bake for 11-14 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- Let cool on pan for 3-4 minutes before moving to a cookie rack to cool completely.